Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Adventures


A Note for Children was presented to Woodend Primary School today as a way of saying thank you for their support over many years. It was the first place were I truly discovered my love for teaching and because of that experience I enrolled at teachers' college...and the rest is history.

The children love my book. Each time I read it to a new grade I watched their reaction and their level of engagement. They did not know that I was the author, not until the very end of the story, when I showed them my picture on the back cover. The engagement was real, not just to please me, and they often clapped at the end of the story...sweet!

I long for the day when a big publishing firm recognises what this book can do for children and takes it on board and distributes it all over the country. Until then, thank you for your support...

LGHY